Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Me

Complain, show disdain
For I just can’t take this pain
From the strife and all the strain
That life’s inflicted on my brain.

On my body, on my soul
The world has swallowed me up whole.
Oh the memories that I once stole
Finally have taken toll

I felt the pressure, felt the heat
Said I would not choose defeat,
But this life has got me beat,
And there is nowhere to retreat.

Tell my family, tell my friends,
That I will try to make amends.
But until this struggle ends
There is no way one can depend

On me.

All these lies and all these cries
For help to end my slow demise
They were feeble and unwise—
So I must apologize

Please dear, open your eyes
It’s no surprise you’ve earned your prize,
And it is I who sits and sighs,
Saying goodbyes and asking “why’s?”

I must stand up and redefine
where I stand upon this line
of being great or merely fine
for isn't status just a sign?

Of how, and why, and when, and where 
we must belong once we've resigned.




No comments:

Post a Comment